I'm black tea party patriot Lloyd Marcus. I have attended over 200 tea parties nationwide as a spokesperson and performing my "American Tea Party Anthem" on the Tea Party Express.
Incredibly, liberal radio interviewers and their callers and liberal TV interviewers who have not attended a single tea party have vigorously confronted me with accusations of unabated racism in the tea parties. Their beliefs and impression of the tea parties are based on undocumented lies and hearsay shamelessly reported by the liberal mainstream media as fact. Apparently the Obama administration and his media minions are counting on the old adage being true, "Tell a lie long enough and it becomes true."
Well folks, I was there, live, in person, at over 200 tea parties; experiencing the mood and tone of the events and the types of people who attend them. Tea Party attendees are a broad mix of people, granted mostly white, who disagree with Obama's socialist agenda, not his skin color.
Accusers attack, "Why are blacks not attending the tea parties?" During my tea party travels, I have not encountered a single white security guard at rally entrances with orders to "Keep blacks out". Thus, I can only conclude most of my fellow blacks are either frightened to come out of the closet to oppose socialism and express love for their country or they are socialist or racist sheep committed to following their black Sheppard no matter what.
Here are 5 of my eyewitness accounts and personal experiences proving the tea parties are not racist.
1. Against Hyphenating: At every rally, before singing my "American Tea Party Anthem", I say, "Hello my fellow patriots. I am NOT an African-American. I am Lloyd Marcus, AMERICAN!!!" At all 200 tea parties, the crowds of thousands have gone nuts with applause, excitement and approval. They say, "Thank you very much for saying that. Hyphenating divides us". Would racists make such a statement?
2. The Cowboy: At a Texas tea party, a white cowboy, hat, boots and a western shirt approached me pushing a stroller with two black babies. He and his white wife had recently adopted their babies from Africa. "We asked God to send us babies who need our love." Do these two white patriots sound like racists against a black president?
3. The Signs: Ben Jealous, president of the NAACP is a characterless liar. He has NOT seen signs which read, "Lynch Barack Obama" and "Lynch Eric Holder". Such signs would be the liberal mainstream media and Democrats' dream; a perfect tool to further their efforts to gin up "hate" against tea partiers and send blacks flocking to the polls in November to defeat the white racist SOBs. If the lynch Obama/Holder signs really existed, they would be all over the media. However, I have seen numerous signs referring to me, a black man, which read, "Lloyd Marcus for President".
4. The Wheelchair Lady: At a tea party in Traverse City, Michigan, an extremely excited white woman in a wheelchair saw me approaching. She yelled, "Oh my gosh, it's Lloyd Marcus! I love your music! I read your columns! May I have a picture with you?" The wheelchair lady's adult daughter shared with a staff member, "My mom is dying. She said all she wanted to do was to meet Lloyd Marcus". How could anyone call this warm and wonderful patriot a racist?
5. Countless Thanks: Fighting back tears, countless tea party patriots of all ages, races and both sexes have thanked me, a black man, for my efforts to restore our freedoms, liberty and culture. These patriots are not racist, far from it. Because of our shared love for America and freedom, we consider each other brothers and sisters. Attempts to slander them as racists, opposing a president simply because he is black, is evil.
So, there you have it folks; five eyewitness accounts rather than "hearsay and lies" which prove the tea parties are not racist.
In my song, "American Tea Party Anthem" I sing, "So when they call you a racist, cause you disagree. It's just another of their dirty tricks to silence you and me..." Folks, please, please, do not fall for it. Do not allow yourselves to be intimidated and silenced. The stakes are far too high. Our nation is under attack by a relentless, viscous and evil enemy within. We must stand up to them. Do this and we will Take Back America!