Paris attacks and the left's foreign policy
First, let me say how much I sympathize with the Parisians. I lived there for 16 months, in the 12th arrondissement (district), doing odds and ends, helping out a couple of churches.
We all sense it, and AT has posted blogs about it. Here's the chain of responsibility for the Paris massacre, in causal order, as far as the U.S. is concerned:
1. The proximate cause: the eight or so killers who pulled the triggers.
2. Then come Islamic planners behind the scenes (obviously a military hit squad that came into France recently, but with homegrown help).
3. ISIS, who swept into the void and conflict, taking territory the size of Indiana.
4. Obama policy and his campaign promise, coming out of his misguided beliefs, that said Iraq is at peace so we can withdraw from the region. Do I need to mention the red line that got blown away by the desert sands and poison gas? Iraq may have been at peace, but his generals told him not to withdraw.
5. The left's ideology that consistently misreads the world.
Specifically on the fifth cause, the left believes that the USA has "an outsized influence" (Obama's words in a campaign comment), so we must retreat from the world, and then somehow it will get better. Further, they believe in peace and love with the deadliest killers. (And they want us to trust them with the Iran deal?) However, has the left woken up and realized that terrorists do not sit idly by in some distant land, but can attack Europe and eventually the USA? Even President Hollande said twice in a speech that this is "an act of war": un acte de guerre. (So far, the channel France24 has not put this up on their screen crawler.) Will he take his own words seriously? Will he form a coalition to root out this "caliphate" from the region? If so, he might not get any help from the smartest man ever to occupy the White House, who know more about foreign policy than his foreign policy advisers do (his words, too).
No, Obama (or other leaders in Europe) does not have blood on his hands, but let's just say Parisian blood has splattered on the back of his heals and pants, as he cut and run.
We must realize from world history that the world needs a superpower to keep the peace, much as a city needs a police force to keep the bad guys from getting the upper hand. Like it or not, it's our time in the history of the world to be that "police force."
The left has a terrible track record on foreign policy, and the sooner we vote them out of office, the better and safer and more peaceful the world will be.