25 people shot in NY city in the last 48 hours
Because gun control being pushed by Mayor Bloomberg works so well in his city.
Violence surged like the mercury Sunday, with three more fatalities from gun violence -- and eight others wounded in shootings -- bringing the total number of bullet-riddled in the city to 25 in less than 48 hours.
Only Staten Island was safe from the wide-ranging spray of gunfire and sickening weekend bloodshed. At least 12 people were blasted in Brooklyn, eight in the Bronx and another four in Queens. The sole person shot in Manhattan took several slugs to the chest and perished in broad daylight.
Sunday's first fatality was Ivan Martinez, 21, who was approached around 3:25 a.m. by a 20-year-old gunman and a woman at E. 139th St. near Brook Ave. in the Bronx, police said.
The gunman shot Martinez once in the head and ran off with the woman.
- A 21-year-old man was shot in the leg in the Ravenswood Houses in Queens at 12:10 a.m.
- A 21-year-old man was shot three times on East New York Ave., Brooklyn, at 2:36 a.m.
- A 20-year-old man was shot in the leg at Bedford Park Blvd. and Webster Ave. in the Bronx at 3:30 a.m.
- A 35-year-old man brought himself to Jamaica Hospital with a gunshot wound in the leg at 4:12 a.m.
- A 15-year-old was shot in his leg and back on Osborn St. in, Brownsville, Brooklyn, at 11:40 a.m.
- A gunman opened fire at Bedford Ave. near Lenox Road in Prospect Lefferts-Gardens around 3:25 p.m.
Sure is a lot of guns in a city where its mayor brags about how well gun control works.
Of course, 2 days of mayhem does not make a trend, or tell us anyting meaningful about how gun control works. But Bloomberg asked for it by running around the country lecturing people about stricter gun control. He is an insufferable lout - a hectoring nanny who should stay in New York city and watch out for his own people rather than gallivanting around the country trying to tell others how to govern themselves.