« Arnold's 'stone age' fantasies |
Blog Home Page
| Joe Biden's funny job numbers »
December 16, 2009
'New York Times, 128 years of looming polar doom: '
Why is climate change natural? For some family holiday fun, pick your favorite reason. Thanks to the United Kingdom's Daily Express - there are 100 choices!
For some extremely subversive fun - but be careful now - read Tim Blair's sixteen reasons for laughing at The New York Times (aka The Church of Global Warming) in Australia:
From the New York Times, 128 years of looming polar doom:
• 1881: "This past Winter, both inside and outside the Arctic circle, appears to have been unusually mild. The ice is very light and rapidly melting ..."
• 1932: "NEXT GREAT DELUGE FORECAST BY SCIENCE; Melting Polar Ice Caps to Raise the Level of Seas and Flood the Continents"
• 1934: "New Evidence Supports Geology's View That the Arctic Is Growing Warmer"
• 1937: "Continued warm weather at the Pole, melting snow and ice."
• 1954: "The particular point of inquiry concerns whether the ice is melting at such a rate as to imperil low-lying coastal areas through raising the level of the sea in the near future."
• 1957: "U.S. Arctic Station Melting"
• 1958: "At present, the Arctic ice pack is melting away fast. Some estimates say that it is 40 per cent thinner and 12 per cent smaller than it was fifteen years [ago]."
• 1959: "Will the Arctic Ocean soon be free of ice?"
• 1971: "STUDY SAYS MAN ALTERS CLIMATE; U.N. Report Links Melting of Polar Ice to His Activities"
• 1979: "A puzzling haze over the Arctic ice packs has been identified as a byproduct of air pollution, a finding that may support predictions of a disastrous melting of the earth's ice caps."
• 1982: "Because of global heating attributed to an increase in atmospheric carbon dioxide from fuel burning, about 20,000 cubic miles of polar ice has melted in the past 40 years, apparently contributing to a rise in sea levels ..."
And so on.
(Hat Tip: The Australian Conservative. Full disclosure: I am a contributor.)