Political correctness has been on a tear since the rebellious 1960's and has effectively ruined our schools, compromised our foreign policy and continues to insult those with religious inclinations. The PC crowd's assault on the calendar goes on unabated as well. We have a whole month dedicated to black history and Vladimir Lenin's birthday is now surreptitiously celebrated by tree-huggers as Earth Day. The birthdays of George Washington and Abraham Lincoln were formerly holidays, but our two most stellar POTUSs are now squeezed in with lumpen electoral anomalies like Jimmy Carter to form the generic President's Day.
But lo and behold, the PC busybodies have reached a new low in poor taste with the call to celebrate the 8th annual "National Day of Appreciation for Abortion Providers" on March 10th. No kidding. Here is a list of suggestions from just one of the many helpful sites promoting this bizarro-world brainstorm:
- Praise clinic staff and doctors with cards and letters of appreciation. Let them know they have your support and thanks.
- Bring your local clinic staff flowers or a breakfast basket of fruit or muffins.
- Organize local appreciation day events.
- Organize with others to hold a March 10th dinner with area providers.
- Step up to the front lines and be a volunteer clinic escort.
- Ask your local provider how you can help.
- Write your local newspaper, call talk shows to express support.
- Take out ads in your newsletters and local newspapers.
I'd love to see the Hallmark card for this occasion. Every time we think the multi-culti PC crew can't get any wackier, they surprise us with something like this. What will they think of next? National Pre-appreciation Week for your Assisted-Suicide Provider?