Trump's taxes: Another exploding cigar for the left

Ever since the presidential campaign started, the radical left has dined out on the idea that President Trump refused to release his taxes because he never paid any.  The endless shibboleth was in line with the old Occupy Wall Street canard that billionaires are this 1% of the population who live tax-free while the rest of us in the 99% always pay through the nose. 

There is a tax-shirking 1%, all right, as the left has always claimed, but it took internet mavens such as Matt Drudge to show that these chiselers tend to be Democratic Party elites, legally or otherwise, finding a way out of paying the taxes they would sock to the rest of us.  Bernie Sanders (13%), Barack Obama (19%), MSNBC (24%), and other names have come up.

Fact is, Trump pays his taxes like the rest of us.  He gets no special breaks; he gets no special treatment.  He shelled out for taxes at a 25% rate of income, quite comparable to what the average taxpayer pays.  No wonder the average taxpayer thinks Trump sees things the same way the average taxpayer does – he does, because he lives in the same world and by the same laws.

For the left, that is a disaster.  Equality has gone out the window now, and the 99%?  Fuhgeddaboutit.  They've been so obsessed with Trump's taxes that they've offered rewards to each other to find and publish them.  They have held town halls in Los Angeles.  Nothing has fixated their attention on Trump to quite the state that taxes have, other than their fake narrative about Russian hackers hacking our election.  

Now that it comes to light that Trump pays his taxes same as the rest of us do, watch them try to make this story a nonstarter.