David Brock’s money machine looks a lot like a money laundering operation
Thanks to a thorough review of publicly available financial reports of the IRS-certified nonprofit empire of David Brock, Andrew Kerr of thecitizensaudit.com (reprinted in Zerohedge) has exposed some potentially criminal activity that, at the least, requires an investigation the Department of Justice, the IRS, and probably various state authorities.
Kerr summarizes his finding in three bullet points, but there is considerable detail offered:
- David Brock operates over a dozen pro-Clinton organizations from his office in Washington, D.C.
- Uncovered records expose a constant flow of money between his organizations.
- Brock’s unregistered Professional Solicitor, the Bonner Group, receives a 12.5% cut every time money is moved.
This last point is where criminality may well be indicated. Kerr documents cash flows among the various nonprofits and shows a pattern he summarizes this way:
Say, for example, you donate $1,062,857 to Media Matters for America. This is how David Brock would have used your charitable donation in 2014:
- Media Matters would receive your $1,062,857 donation
The Bonner Group would earn a $132,857 commission
Media Matters would retain $930,000
- Next, Media Matters would give what’s left of your entire donation, $930,000, to the Franklin Education Forum
The Bonner Group would ‘earn’ a $116,250 commission
The Franklin Education Forum would retain $813,750
- The Franklin Education Forum would then forward the remaining $813,750 to The Franklin Forum
- Bonner Group would ‘earn’ a $101,718 commission
The Franklin Forum would retain $712,031
In the end, Brock’s solicitor would have pocketed $350,825, almost a third of your initial donation! That’s a far cry from the advertised 12.5% commission.
As bizarre as that scenario may sound, this is exactly what David Brock did in 2014.
There are a couple of graphic representations of the complex financial transactions that could be gleaned from required reporting nonprofits do:
So who is this Bonner Group? It is mysterious because it is unregistered. However:
… the New York Times reports that David Brock shares a summer rental in the Hamptons with Mary Pat Bonner, the President of the Bonner Group!
Brock will get away with this as long as Hillary wins the election. That is why he will pull out all the stops to defeat Trump.