State Department to delay release of Clinton Foundation emails until late 2018
It's hard to fathom the depth of corruption in Hillary Clinton's State Department, largely because the documentation that would expose it is lost; deleted; or, as in the case of emails sent from Hillary Clinton aides to the Clinton Foundation and Taneo Corporation – a corporate partner – delayed.
Someone might want to ask Mrs. Clinton how it is that her top aides were sending 700 emails a month to the Foundation. In a standard work week, that's about 35 emails a day. Didn't these people have work to do?
The Justice Department has filed a brief on behalf of the State Department asking for more time to gather together the 34,000 emails sent from Huma Abedin, Cheryl Mills, Deputy Assistant Secretary of State Michael Fuchs, and Ambassador at Large Melanne Verveer to the Foundation over the course of Clinton's tenure. How much time? DoJ picked a nice, round, number: 27 months.
You might recall that both Abedin and Mills were double-dipping – working for the Foundation or Taneo Corporation while drawing their full salaries from the State Department. Were they conducting private business on the taxpayers' time?
The State Department originally estimated that 6,000 emails and other documents were exchanged by the aides with the Clinton Foundation. But a series of “errors” the department told the court about Wednesday evening now mean the total has grown to “34,116 potentially responsive documents.”
During Clinton’s four years as America’s chief foreign diplomat, her aides communicated with officials at the Clinton Foundation and Teneo Holdings where Bill Clinton was formerly both a client and paid consultant, on the average of 700 times each month, according to the Justice Department filing.
David N. Bossie, president of Citizens United, which requested the documents under the Freedom of Information Act, called the delay “totally unacceptable” and charged that “the State Department is using taxpayer dollars to protect their candidate, Hillary Clinton.”
“The American people have a right to see these emails before the election,” Bossie told the Daily Caller News Foundation.
U.S. District Court Judge Rudolph Contreras, a President Obama-appointed judge, had previously ordered the State Department to release the requested documents by July 21. But Department of Justice lawyers informed Contreras Wednesday night that “the [State] department discovered errors in the manner in which the searches had been conducted in order to capture documents potentially responsive to plaintiff’s request.” The motion was filed by Justice Department attorney Joseph Borson on behalf of the State Department.
Borson also provided new details about how few resources the State Department has devoted to answering 106 separate Freedom of Information Act requests that are pending before it, many of them ordered by federal judges. Only 71 “part-time” retired foreign service officers are being used to review all of the pending FOIA requests.
Not a bug – a feature. They draw out the FOIA requests for years and then complain that the process is taking too long. It's a game plan that's working to perfection. And if Hillary Clinton is elected president, they will find a way to slow the process down even more.
What's remarkable about the DoJ request is that they're not even trying to be subtle about hiding their corruption. They believe that the judiciary and the public will accept their foot-dragging as a matter of course, and, no doubt, many of those emails will have been "accidentally" deleted or lost. That's been the pattern in the past with the IRS, FEC, and other agencies.
This from the "most transparent administration in history."