If there's nothing wrong with being Muslim, why is Obama so upset?
There was a Seinfeld episode where Jerry repeatedly denied being gay but was quick to add, "Not that there's anything wrong with that." This sitcom episode is being repeated, with Obama replacing Jerry and Islam replacing homosexuality.
Obama says he's not a Muslim. Fine. But if there's nothing wrong with being Muslim, what's the problem with people who erroneously say he is? After all, liberals agree with what Carly Fiorina said about Islam, right after 9/11:
There was once a civilization that was the greatest in the world. Its architects designed buildings that defied gravity. Its mathematicians created the algebra and algorithms that would enable the building of computers, and the creation of encryption. Its doctors examined the human body, and found new cures for disease. Its astronomers looked into the heavens, named the stars, and paved the way for space travel and exploration.
Its writers created thousands of stories. Stories of courage, romance and magic. Its poets wrote of love, when others before them were too steeped in fear to think of such things.
So then shouldn't Obama be flattered to be included, even mistakenly, in this religion of inventors, philosophers, and romance? He sure doesn't act like it!
The real secret is not that Obama fears being called a Muslim. It's not about that at all.
It's really about Obama fearing being called overly sympathetic to Muslims. That's why so many people think he's Muslim: because his words and actions support Muslims, especially the radical kind.
1) He has made a ridiculous deal that puts a fig leaf on Iran continuing to develop nuclear weapons, ICBMs, and support for terrorism while getting all sanctions lifted.
2) He has said not a word about the slaughter of Christians in the Middle East while constantly talking of the plight of Muslims.
3) He has invited officials from the radical Islamic terrorist conspiring group CAIR to the White House.
4) On every Palestinian/Israeli issue, he has consistently sided with the Palestinians, despite their repeated wars against Israel. (If Ann Coulter is reading this, no doubt she is cursing by now.)
5) A Muslim boy creates a bomb hoax to scare his classmates and gets invited to the White House.
6) In a speech about ISIS, he placed blame on Christian crusaders.
7) He is importing hundreds of thousands of Muslims into America from radicalized countries.
And so on and so on.
It's actually irrelevant, and unprovable, whether Obama is Muslim or not. But what is relevant, and what is obvious, is that he is more sympathetic to radical Islam than he is to the national security interests of the United States. That's what Obama is afraid of when people call him a Muslim.
Unfortunately, most candidates are afraid to talk about this, as they are afraid to talk about many things. But Donald Trump came out today and said outright that Obama is waging a war against Christianity. If you think about the Christians who are fined or jailed for their beliefs on gay marriage, and businesses who are fined for not paying for their employees' abortions, you will realize that Trump is right. Will any other candidate, including the media's new darling, Carly Fiorina, also speak out on this?
This article was written by Ed Straker, senior writer of NewsMachete.com, the conservative news site.