The 13 most memorable quotes from 2013
It's the time of the year for lists as we look back on the previous 12 months and take stock.
This one from The Hill is likely to stir some memories; the 13 most memorable quotes from politicians this past year. Here are a few:
1) "What difference, at this point, does it make?"
Then-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton to the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, January 23
2) "It's always the wacko birds on right and left that get the media megaphone."
Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) to the Huffington Post, March 8
3) "I just see a huge train wreck coming down. You and I have discussed this many times, and I don't see any results yet."
Senate Finance Committee Chairman Max Baucus (D-Mont.) to Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius, April 17
5) "For everyone who's a valedictorian, there's another 100 out there who weigh 130 pounds - and they've got calves the size of cantaloupes because they're hauling 75 pounds of marijuana across the desert. Those people would be legalized with the same act."
Rep. Steve King (R-Iowa) to NewsMax TV, July 18
7) "I do not like green eggs and ham. I do not like them, Sam I Am."
Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) on the Senate floor, September 25
13) "Embrace the suck."
House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) to Democrats, December 12
Most of these quotes are from politicians who lack 2 working brain cells, hence the epidemic foot in mouth disease.
Of one thing we can be certain;The Hill will have a similar list next year.