How to force the Republican Party to stop legalization of illegal aliens

The leadership of the Republican Party is about to join with the leadership of the Democratic Party, and all of the elected Democrats, and pass federal legislation that will legalize millions of illegal aliens, even before real border control is achieved.  There may not be enough Republicans in the House of Representatives who will vote to preserve America's border and the rule of law, in the absence of an unprecedented demonstration by rank and file Republicans.  It would be great to flood the offices of elected Republicans with phone calls, e-mails, faxes, letters and personal visits in an effort to try to convince them that they should not legalize the illegal aliens.  But it appears that this may not work.

The only way to convince the leadership of the Republican Party that it is wrong on this issue is for every Republican who is opposed to legalizing illegal aliens, especially before real border control is achieved, is to leave the Republican Party immediately.  If enough Republicans change their registration to "decline to state" or "independent" or some similar designation available in their respective states, and do it immediately, the Republican Party will get the message loud and clear and quickly.  In many states you can re-register online and change your party affiliation.

If at a later date you need to re-register as a Republican to vote for a candidate in a primary election who will help to control America's border, then you can do that if the need arises.  Now, the need is to send the message like it has never been sent before.  Before it is too late.

Allan J. Favish is an attorney in Los Angeles.  His website is  He has co-authored with James Fernald a book about what might happen if the government ran Disneyland entitled "Fireworks! If the Government Ran the Fairest Kingdom of Them All (A Very Unauthorized Fantasy).