No, Nancy - We don't need to pass health care reform to find out what's in it
Is there anything more contrary to the essence of America than Nancy Pelosi's statement: "We must pass it [Obamacare - HR 3590] to find out what is in it."?
No. Nancy - We can go read it for ourselves:
There will not be any reconciliation in the Senate. The Senate is a side show at this point
Read the cover pages of HR-3590 Reid/Pelosi/Obama Christmas Eve Bill:
There are 6 versions of Bill Number H.R.3590 for the 111th Congress:
1. Service Members Home Ownership Tax Act of 2009 (Introduced in House)[H.R.3590.IH][PDF]
2. Service Members Home Ownership Tax Act of 2009 (Engrossed as Agreed to or Passed by House)[H.R.3590.EH][PDF]
3. Service Members Home Ownership Tax Act of 2009 (Placed on Calendar in Senate)[H.R.3590.PCS][PDF]
4. Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (Amendment in Senate)[H.R.3590.AS][PDF)
5. Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (Public Print)[H.R.3590.PP][PDF]
6. Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (Engrossed Amendment as Agreed to by Senate) [H.R.3590.EAS]
Number Six is the one to read in depth - Doesn't anyone wonder why the title switches between 3 & 4?
As you can see, the Senate's Christmas Eve Bill originated in the House satisfying the Constitutional imperative that tax bills originate there and it gets them around the ex post facto provision of the Constitution; you and I will be retroactively responsible for paying the taxes on Obamacare from the January 1 of 2010. (Perhaps, as far back as 1/1/ 2009.)
I've been trying to get word out since 1/9/2010. I did something that not enough Americans want to do anymore: I actually read the legislation. Particularly since some Democrats Congressmen do not think reading bills is part of their job description.
Note the following article from Fox: "Forget Reconciliation - Why the Real Fight is in the House." Or, read the Heritage Foundation's piece by Brian Darling: "Congress's Secret Plan to Pass Obamacare," which I used to verify my suspicions on the Democrat's strategy. Or, see Warner Todd Huston's excellent CFP piece: "159 Big Spending, Big Government Features of Obamacare" for a list of the horrors awaiting us.
Jay Cost at "Real Clear Politics" Horse Race Blog is keeping tabs on key members of the House and their positions on Obamacare - HR 3590. If you do not want Obamacare to be the law of the land and you live in districts, please contact your House Representative and politely make your concerns known.
If you wait for Nancy Pelosi to tell you what is in "it" - it will be too late.