Welcome to the Banana Republic Club
Welcome the latest entry into the Banana Republic Club: The United States of America. And how did the USA get admitted you ask? Here are just a few of the achievements that garnered it entry into this "well respected" club.
1. Threatening to throw the previous administration officials into jail over a political disagreement - check
No truth commission has anything on Nancy "I wasn't paying attention" Pelosi.
2. Rewarding political cronies with government largess - check
Wagyu steak and TARP money dished out post haste!
3. Helping cover up or disregard corruption of your political friends - check
Department of Labor simply ignores reporting requirements with a blunt "Who needs to know" explanation.
4. Punish your political enemies and try to brand their ideas as illegal - check
Voila! DHS responds with a domestic terrorist warning.
5. Disregard for any law that gets in the way of political expediency - check
From the Constitution to bankruptcy law, nothing is sacred.
All of these items are de rigeur for the usual 2 bit dictator and now they are for US politics. It is obvious that Obama has learned well from his adopted home town; the "Chicago way" is evident througout. Congratulations to the President and the Congress for their accomplishment. It takes dedication and a special type of hypocrisy to be both a law maker and a law teacher with such a healthy disregard for law.