What Does It Now Mean to Be a Democrat?
A lot of ink has been spilled discussing the impending demise of the irreparably-fractured GOP. What does it mean to be a Republican when a man such as Donald Trump can not only obtain the nomination but win the whole thing? Evangelicals, neocons, and globalists, oh my! How can the tattered fragments of the Reagan coalition be sewn back together?
The actual question of the week is, “What does it now mean to be a Democrat?”
The Democratic party had options. But it opted to float an ancient, utterly corrupt open socialist who is beholden to Islamic nations. Did the party leaders think nobody would notice those traits? Is that their best and brightest? Is that who Democrats are? Democrats invented the polished media-centric candidacy! Why did they pick a wrinkled, collapsible hag whose “soaring oratory” was most reminiscent of the sound of a bagpipes being chopped to pieces with a live goose?
I suspect that what it means to be a Democrat in 2016 is this: to be so focused on ‘what’s in it for me’ as to be blinded to one’s conflicts with the societal norms for decency, corrupted beyond redemption, and paranoid about competition, discovery, and prosecution. It means that one is so consumed by one’s lust for power, money, and control that one is utterly incapable of recognizing their culpability in the unintended consequences. It means that lies cannot be questioned if they are brazen enough, and hypocrisy is only a thing if one has objective standards to begin with. Above all else, it means to be distraught, confused, and angry (but not sure why) about the Western world’s first successful attack on Political Correctness (PC), yet earnest about attempting to repair the damage. PC is essential to the operation of today’s Democrat party, because PC has never been anything more than a method by which to prevent those with sense from revealing the lies to those without it.
What does it now mean to be a Democrat?
1. The best at gaming the system is the best at representing the cause
2. Endlessly dividing people into more and more and smaller and smaller categories and subcategories, and then stirring up internecine strife, is beneficial to the cause
3. Cynical and disingenuous use of fear is the wisest method for motivating the base to support the cause
4. A two-tiered technocracy comprised of a privileged elite and an impoverished base is not unjust
5. “Correct” opinion is more important to the cause than correct action
6. Intention is more important to the cause than results (not actually a new feature)
7. Graft in reasonable quantities is not harmful to the cause
8. Lying about the short term for the benefit of the long term is acceptable to the cause
9. Manipulation of emotion to prevent the use of intellect for decision-making is beneficial to the cause
10. The misdeeds of opponents are the most important aspect when their misdeeds are exposed subversively
11. The methods of opponents are the most important aspect when our misdeeds are exposed subversively
12. Demanding opponents prove negatives while insisting that we never need prove anything, benefits the cause
13. The military exists for the whimsy of the cause
Think about what they’ve done with #3: large quantities of people are literally in fear for their lives because they believe the garbage they’ve been told about Trump’s social views. They believe he is going to wear sheets and a hood to the inauguration and then immediately drive all the dark-skinned and the deviant from this country, banish artificial contraception, and restore the divine right of kings.
Trump has been in the public eye for at least thirty years. He was never accused of racism until he opposed a Democrat.
So many of the mundane, working people now have an opportunity to see through all the lies, and to question all the propagandization and articles of faith masquerading as doctrine. This is disastrous for the left! Their coalition has long had competing and conflicting interests: Muslims and LBGTs, union labor and illegal immigrants, environmentalists and green energy proponents, government bureaucrats and Medicare recipients.
The Democrats are about to undergo a major internal crisis. They will want to blame one another for telling them what they wanted to hear, when that is their standard operating procedure. Suffering from severe psychological pain from the cognitive dissonance, they will form a circular firing squad, and swiftly commence to cannibalism.
First-stage thinking in most of what they’ve done since the 1930s has been a staggering burden upon our efforts to achieve American prosperity. But first-stage thinking is the hallmark of the policies of the modern liberal. Their shortsightedness in the use of #9 is their undoing. The postgraduate facts of life disabuse people quickly of the fantasy world that exists in academia.