Obamacare Is the Ultimate Death Panel
Remember when Sarah Palin was excoriated for suggesting that ObamaCare contained death panels? Then we learned that the nonexistent death panels were actually deleted from the law and then, oops, economist Paul Krugman let slip that "...we're also going to have to make decisions about health care, doc pay for health care that has no demonstrated medical benefits. So the snarky version... which I shouldn't even say because it will get me in trouble is death panels and sales taxes is how we do this [.]"
Such is the usual seesaw when a law which should never have seen the light of day continues on its destructive path. Socialized medicine, single payer system -- all of which describe ObamaCare -- are designed to give substandard care by their very nature.
And with Hillary Clinton doubling down on this unconstitutional boondoggle, here is what folks who still don't understand the existential harm that will befall all of us need to clearly comprehend.
- Adam Brandon explains how Obama is yet again showing his contempt for the Constitution with the result that "taxpayers could be on the hook for a bailout of health insurance companies that have lost money through the ObamaCare exchanges."
- In fact, "despite repeated attempts by Democrats to portray private insurance companies as the bad guys, the industry gets billions in subsidy checks from taxpayers under Obamacare." And even though "cost-sharing" subsidies were illegal in the first place, Obama diverted money to insurance companies. Who is the real culprit in these behind-the-scene shady transactions?
- Obamacare in Pictures shows the ever increasing adverse effects of the law. Thus, buying individual health insurance in the exchanges is generally more expensive than it was before ObamaCare. Fifty-year-olds will see premiums rise by 50% or more and millions will remain uninsured under ObamaCare.
- As experts have long predicted, ObamaCare is simply not sustainable and the proof is in the number of insurers now exiting the state exchanges. ObamaCare is a collapsing system and the inevitable losers are Americans who believed the false promises of reliable, affordable coverage.
- Co-ops continue to fail, insurers exit the state exchanges and premiums spike at unbearable levels. Furthermore, government subsidies result in higher deductibles and less coverage than in the past.
- Young people making as little as $20,394 won't be eligible for any ObamaCare subsidies -- yet another financial disaster in the making.
- Even Democrats admit that Obamacare is a huge failure. In the next decade, if the ACA is not repealed, over $1.9 trillion dollars will be spent to cover insurance subsidies and expanded Medicaid; yet, the majority of middle-class families will see double-digit premium hikes and strict limitations of their choice of doctors and hospitals.
- Yet now that more people are seeing the results of this deliberately flawed law, Democrats try to scapegoat the insurance companies for ObamaCare's failures. And has anyone who voted for this law ever apologized?
- Since there is no shame in this administration, it manipulates ObamaCare statistics by inflating the initial number of uninsured. Cooking the books is par for Obama and his cronies.
- From hoodwinking the Supreme Court to lying to the American people, Obama, in true totalitarian spirit, continues his radical leftist pursuit to control our lives so that "more than 1 in 4 counties are at risk of having a single insurer on its exchange." No competition means the government is in charge.
- Doctor shortages are becoming more evident. In California alone, there aren't enough doctors to "treat a crush of newly insured patients." Moreover, it is predicted that "fewer than 40 percent of physicians will own a practice at the end of 2013, with nearly 90% citing business expenses a top concern."
The answer is, and, always has been, so that the government can have total control over our lives. Hillary Clinton wants to expand ObamaCare's spending even though doing so will increase federal debt, jeopardize seniors' access to essential health services, and continue to cause skilled nursing facilities and home health agencies to lose money. The Department of Injustice which is running riot under this administration is now "opposing the mergers of four large health insurers as they try to survive the ObamaCare wasteland." Obama despises free enterprise for America so it follows that this would be the next step, and since "everybody is losing money… the taxpayers need to pick up the tab" -- yet, again. To make it perfectly clear, "Capitalism is freely giving your money in exchange for something of value. Socialism is taking your money against your will and shoving something down your throat that you never asked for." And, Mr. Obama, as the esteemed Walter Williams asserts, capitalism is a moral system because unfortunately, "it is the government, not the free market, that creates zero-sum games in our economy" thus hurting all the people.
For those still in deep denial as to what this administration, the Congress and the Supreme Court have done, look at the end result of a socialist/communist/single payer environment in Venezuela. By "every economic, social and political measure, their nation is unraveling at breakneck speed." The culprit is the socialist economic mess that their government instituted. Thus, as Margaret Thatcher famously stated and which cannot be repeated enough times "...socialist governments traditionally do make a financial mess. They always run out of other people's money. It's quite a characteristic of them. They then start to nationalize everything, and people just do not like more and more nationalization, and they're now trying to control everything by other means."
Shocking pictures of newborn babies in cardboard boxes "reveal the extent of the country's austerity: lacking cribs, newborn babies are placed in cardboard boxes. The pictures indicate "that the babies sleeping in cardboard boxes is just one instance of the demise of health care within Venezuela’s hospitals." Moreover, "Mothers are not fed properly and babies are born really weak. On top of that, the shortage of medicines and vaccines creates a mortal situation that is like a death cocktail." Thus, "[e]verything from common painkillers to cancer and HIV drugs have become almost impossible to find across the country and some doctors have resorted to using veterinary medications in lieu of human ones [.]"
Nor should America continue down the socialist path to copy the United Kingdom's failed Single Payer Health Care System because it is one in "which the government is the sole payer and provider for health services." This "essentially... [is] result[ing] in financial crises so that care is absolutely denied to some people despite claims of universal care." In Britain, "overweight people and smokers are now being barred from most surgeries." In fact, "[t]he nightmare stories of bungled care and needlessly dying patients are already legion for the NHS, which is notorious for delivering substandard service to its patients."
Moreover, "rationing of other care is being imposed across Britain -- including strict limits on cataract surgery and hip and knee operations -- to deal with the health care system's bottomless need for more money. For the last year, the NHS lost about $3.2 billion, nearly three times larger than the loss of a year earlier. It now faces a series of wildcat strikes by doctors, and even some hospital administrators are calling into question whether 'free' universal health care can last."
Yet, for decades "liberal Democrats have been advocating a single payer health care system [.]" Hillary will continue the charge. In true bald-faced politician-speak, Hillary claims she will make some adjustments and raise revenue. What that really means is that taxes will be raised. As Orwell explained "political speech and writing are largely the defense of the indefensible" and "sheer cloudy vagueness" is used to obfuscate the "gap between one's real and one's declared aims."
ObamaCare must be repealed and replaced. The American people need to be fully roused and fight against the contempt for liberty that has been shown by far too many of her leaders. A vote for Hillary is a vote for our demise.
Eileen can be reached at email@example.com