Gender diverse bathrooms, locker rooms, sports, and more
Let’s accept where today’s progressives will force us to go, and get there ahead of them.
The history of the American progressive movement proves that Hillary, and all other “proud, modern, American progressives,” stay focused on achieving their cultural agenda until they succeed, for they are, above all else, intrepid.
For example, the temperance movement that resulted in the 18th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution that took effect on January 16, 1920, already was up and running by the 1840’s, years before Jack Daniels was born.
One tactic of the proud, modern, American progressives today is using federal grant monies to leverage state legislation in order to overturn the tradition of separate but equal bathroom facilities (excepting a few anatomically relevant necessities) and move toward an inclusiveness that mirrors what happened when Brown v. Board of Education (1954) overturned Plessy v. Ferguson (1896).
North Carolina is the current battleground in the toilet debate, with Tennessee lining up to be next. In both cases, the Federal Government uses threats to withhold money to leverage state behavior, supplemented by its crony capitalist allies who threaten to take their business elsewhere.
In our private moments of honest introspection, we all know how this will end. So let’s just fast forward to the Full Monty, so to speak, and surrender to the superior intellect and prescient vision of the proud, modern American progressives (AKA: neoprogs) and embrace the inevitable consequences and conclusions.
Here’s but a short list of those:
- Gender diverse shower rooms in the military. Women serving in U.S. military aviation combat roles are, today, a fact accompli as they fly anything with wings, including drones. And, advances are well underway to integrate women into ground combat roles. Nothing new here. Women fired rifles for the Red Army in the Battle of Stalingrad, and for the VC/NVA in Vietnam, often as excellent snipers. The next advance, after field inclusion, is gender diverse shower rooms. (For a visual preview of that arrangement, see the nearly-classic sci-fi movie Starship Troopers (1997). R-rated)
- Gender diverse shower rooms in health clubs. “That’s crazy,” you say. Well, according to a CNN March 9, 2015 article entitled “Planet Fitness revokes woman's membership after transgender complaint”:
“A Michigan woman lost her Planet Fitness membership over the ‘inappropriate’ manner in which she complained about a transgender woman in the locker room, a gym spokeswoman said…‘This is all new to me. I didn't go out to specifically bash a transgender person that day. I was taken aback by the situation,’ Cormier told CNN. ‘This is about me and how I felt unsafe. I should feel safe in there.’ The mother of two says she was acting out of concern for her safety and the privacy of other female gym members when she raised the issue on Saturday, February 28. She went to the front desk after someone who looked like a ‘man’ entered the women's locker room while she was changing. ‘I wanted to know why there was a man in the women's locker room,’ she told CNN. ‘He looked like a man, and that's what stopped me in my tracks.’ She said the front desk employee told her about Planet Fitness' ‘no-judgment’ policy, which allows people to use changing room based on ‘their sincere, self-reported gender identity.’”
- Gender diverse locker rooms for gender-integrated scholastic, collegiate, semi-professional, and professional sports. It is well past time to cease-and-desist gender segregation in amateur and professional sports, particularly when associated with a government funded, in part or full, institution and/or facility. That means no more NFL, NBA, and MLB for men only; no more Women’s Tennis Association, Women’s Professional Golf Association for women only…the list goes on. End them all. High school wrestling for boys only? Nope – end it. Let the girls wrestle, too. The boys won’t object. End all gender-segregated competition in the Olympics: swimming; gymnastic; skiing; etc.; fully gender integrate them all. It’s only fair, to the men and the women.
- No more tax-exempt status for non-inclusive, gender-designated organizations or societies. They are clearly discriminatory. That includes, but is not limited to: college fraternities and sororities; Junior Women’s Leagues; gender-exclusive political organizations (e.g., Emily’s List); religious organizations where women are either sidelined into ancillary units, or excluded from leadership roles (e.g., Ordo Fratrum Minorum, AKA: Franciscan monks; and The Little Sisters of the Poor,); and organizations like The Shriners (sorry, the women’s auxiliaries don’t count, just a way to include them out). The possibilities for progressive-mandated instances of gender-inclusiveness are nearly limitless.
- Gender diverse facilities for all penal institution inmates: city, county, state and federal. That means gender-integrated cell blocks and, when all parties are in agreement, integrated pods and cells. Why not?
- End the segregation of youth organizations. No more Boy and Girl Scouts. Just “Scouts.” Same for Cub Scouts and Brownies. Just…ah…Junior Scouts.
- Hospital room patient-pairings based not on gender, but on similarity of ailment. This will be easily enforceable if the patient is on Medicare, and/or some other form of state-funded medical treatment. The AMA will embrace the initiative, when told to by D.C.
Feel free to add to this short list of gender-inclusive opportunities that await us in the brave new world of neoprog advances as we move forward, together, toward a societal utopia where men are men, women are women, and all are free to chose which, and whenever.