Obama's Animus Toward Israel and Jews
Lists have a way of coalescing important ideas into a clear and easy-to-remember format. What then is the track record of Barack Hussein Obama with regard to Israel and Jews?
- Listing the only democracy in the Middle East, Israel, as a terror sponsor. The Immigration and Customs Enforcement Agency maintains a list of countries that "have shown a tendency to promote, produce or protect terrorist organizations of their members." Recently Israel has been placed on this list. This equivalence with such nations as Syria and Iran is breathtaking. Nothing like blaming the victim of unrelenting terrorism and including her with the world's "leading perpetrators of terrorism."
- Pursuing a policy of "limited contacts" with Egypt's Muslim Brotherhood. Rep. Trent Franks of Arizona, a member of the House Committee on Armed Services, denounced this policy and stated that it was "unfathomable that this Administration is reaching out to an extremely violent Islamic fundamentalist group...which has declared holy war on the U.S. and Israel." This calculated move by Obama emboldens the jihadists.
- Stating that the Israeli action to stop the flotilla bound for the Gaza Strip in June of 2010 was "tragic." In essence, Obama did not decry Hamas' actions to attack Israel; instead Obama refused to recognize Israel's right to protect herself.
- In 2009 directing the expenditure of $20.3 million of U.S. taxpayer money for "the urgent refugee and migration needs...related to humanitarian needs of Palestinian refugees and conflict victims in Gaza." These are the same Palestinian residents in Gaza who celebrated the brutal murder of an Israeli Jewish family by handing out "candy and sweets" while rejoicing at the massacre of yet another Jewish family.
- Abetting the United Nations in its desire to carve out and eventually destroy Israel all under the guise of the euphemistic gibberish known as "even-handedness." When Obama stated that "America does not accept the legitimacy of continued Israeli settlements" former U.N. Ambassador John Bolton called "it the most radical anti-Israel speech [he recalled] any president making."
- Demanding that Israel withdraw to 1967 borders which would put Israel at the mercy of terrorists bent on wiping out every Israeli man, woman, and child which would include Arab Israeli citizens as well.
- Coercing Israel to join a Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty which would, again, weaken Israel's retaliatory powers against her enemies.
- Continually blaming Israel as an obstacle to peace and scapegoating Israel for the region's ills.
Appointing people who have deep ties with the enemies of America and Israel and who publicly show their disdain for Israel. They include:
o Lee Hamilton who wants to pressure Israel to surrender the Golan Heights and leave the West Bank.
o Samantha Power who advocates ending all U.S. military aid to Israel.
o Robert Malley, a Hezbollah and Hamas sympathizer and supporter of jihadists.
o Dalia Mogahed and Azizah al-Hibri who believe that sharia law is superior to the American Constitution.
- Obama's mentors are well-known for their implacable loathing for Jews and Israel. They revile the U.S. Constitution and embrace a mindset of Israel and America as colonial occupiers. Despite the typographical errors in this YouTube video, the genesis of Obama's anti-Jewish attitudes becomes clear. Rashid Khalidi, an important influence on Obama, has called Israel a "racist state" and affirms that the founding of Israel is a "catastrophe."
Obama is a clever, manipulative individual. Unlike Hitler who wildly screamed his antisemitic screed, Obama is far more genteel. He constantly speaks with forked tongue. Thus, "while outwardly courting Jews, [Obama's] people have been "quietly shoving Jewish organizations into a corner."
For those readers who have accessed this article's hyperlinks, it is striking how prescient the writers have been. What becomes even more frightening is the speed with which their deep concerns have actually come to fruition. From such prophets as Pamela Geller to Aaron Klein, Robert Spencer, Steven Emerson, and Ed Lasky, we see that Obama deliberately keeps moving in the direction of those who hate America, Israel, and Jews in general. The noose keeps tightening.
Yet, there are still those Americans, particularly Jews, who do not comprehend the depth of Obama's revulsion of Israel. They continue to shield themselves from the reality of an American president actually pursuing actions that could affect the very existence of an ally and ultimately the United States as well.
The destructive forces that seem an integral part of Obama's makeup must be highlighted. As Brigitte Gabriel has written, "[w]e are summoned to wake up the apathetic and inspire the despaired, to silence the liars and educate the patriots. For if we fail to inform the ignorant, we will fail to save the informed."
Keep this short list handy so you can inform the ignorant and the indifferent.
Eileen can be reached at email@example.com.