November 19, 2009
What does it take to make Islam-bashers mend their ways? Why don't these folks come to their senses and see Islam as a religion of peace and praise the God of Abraham for continuing his beneficence on humanity by sending Muhammad to guide and humanize us?
Why is it that some people keep criticizing a religion that has nearly 1.5 billion followers throughout the world? Now, if this faith was indeed what its detractors claim it is, wouldn't these masses of people see through it and dump it?
Didn't our very own president go around the Muslim heartland and sing the praises of Islam at every stop? Didn't he bow with great deference to the King of Islam in Saudi Arabia? Didn't he proudly proclaim Islam as the faith of his near and dear kindred? Didn't he tell us time and again that Islam is indeed the religion of peace? Didn't he with his captivating oratory skills cite passages from the Quran to show how reverent he is toward this religion? Didn't he appoint a raft of "devoted" Muslims to sensitive and high posts in government?
Even ignoring the president's behavior and pronouncements, we have numberless others in the know such as politicians, media experts, academics, and what-nots who keep preaching to us that Islam is indeed a sanctified religion wrongly vilified by a bunch of hatemongers. After all, its very name means peace. How could anyone possibly have anything but praise for a religion called peace? What is more precious than peace?
Agitated, the champions of the religion of peace moan: what does it take to convince the detractors of Islam to stop their unceasing effort to present a distorted image of this wonderful, world-encircling religion?
Well, there are just a few problems that make swallowing the president's remarks and actions, as well as all the other Islamic apologists and know-it-alls, difficult.
* Claiming that "Islam" means "peace" is fraudulent to begin with. Islam is an Arabic word. And the word for peace in Arabic is "solh," not "Islam." Islam is derived from the root word "taslim," which means "submission" or "surrender." Hence, Islam's true name -- surrender -- is in fact most descriptive of what it is: total, unconditional submission and surrender of the individual and the community to the will and dictates of Allah as revealed by his "rasool" (messenger), Muhammad.
* Further proof of the fraudulent nature of billing Islam as a religion of peace is the irrefutable fact that Muhammad himself led his followers during his lifetime in 78 battles, only one of which was defensive in nature.
* Perusing the religion of peace's holy book, the Quran, taken by Muslims as the literal revelation of Allah, reveals more of a manual of intolerance and war than a divinely-revealed prescription from a benevolent God for a life of brotherhood and peace.
Quran 2:216 "Warfare is ordained for you, though it is hateful unto you; but it may happen that you hate a thing which is good for you and it may happen that you love a thing which is bad for you. Allah knoweth, you knew not."Quran 8:65 "O Prophet exhort the believers to fight. If there be of you twenty steadfast, they will overcome two hundred and if there be of you a hundred, they shall overcome a thousand, because the disbelievers are a folk without intelligence."
* Deeds speak louder than words. From its very inception, Islam was a movement of violence -- violence both within its ranks and against non-Muslims has been the unceasing practice. The minute Muhammad died, jockeying for power among his disciples led to numberless murders and battles. The faith of peace never saw peace even within its own ranks and never allowed the rest of the world any peace at all by lashing out to other lands near and far.
* A quick scan of the daily news shows the adherents of the religion of peace engaged in unspeakable acts of mayhem and murder in much of the world. There is hardly any need to allude to them here. But the Islamists have an answer for that too. Islam is not responsible, they say. It is only a bunch of opportunists who commit these acts for their own political and economic objectives. We are to believe that those daily suicide bombers who explode their vests in the midst of marketplaces, funeral processions, and even mosques are doing so to further their own personal agenda.
* All this aside, a recent report from the FBI estimates that of the two thousand mosques in the United States, 10% preach Jihad. Welcome to the religion of peace as it invades the land of the free in order to make it the land of submission. This is not some Islam-hating crackpot group reporting. It is the FBI, an agency known for its bending backward to be politically correct in tune with the rest of the administration.
* The Muslim population is burgeoning in America through high birth rates as well as extensively successful conversion in prisons. Even by the rules of probability, a fraction of these Muslims may be deeply influenced by the Jihad preachers and take upon themselves Islamist missions of various severity and destruction. How many Jihadists did it take to pulverize the World Trade Center? It took one Maj. Nidal Hasan to take the lives of thirteen and injure twenty-nine others in an outburst of Islamic peace-making.
* Islamist apologists come in all shades. There are the true faithful who are out in front about it. They believe that Islam and its ways are the answer. It doesn't matter whether it is seen as good or bad by others. Then there are the hired mouthpieces, like lawyers who defend a murderer to the limit of their ability simply because they are paid to do so. We may not like either of the above two types, but this is their chosen profession, which is understandable.
* What really is hard to deal with are those who either through ignorance or a misplaced sense of fairness and multiculturalism keep saying that Islam itself is not bad, the Quran contains no more violence than does the Bible, and that the moderate Muslims, who are the vast majority, are good people and need to do something about the criminal minority. These folks go even a step further and brand those of us who sound the alarm against Islam in general as unjustified hatemongers.
But the notion of moderate Muslims is an illusion created by the wishful thinking of a good-hearted yet deluded people. The so-called minority jihadist-types are indeed the real Muslims. These jihadists hate the so-called moderate Muslims as much as they hate the kefirs -- the infidels. And it is always the small group, the militant minority, that eventually topples the complacent majority. History is replete with support for this contention.
In my view, truth and the naked truth should be the only standard. No sugar-coating, no political correctness, no hired-guns to cover up for the Islamic menace that has afflicted humanity for so long and keeps marching across the globe, doing more harm.
So who is to repent? It is the human calling for every Muslim to cast off the chain of Islam and take his or her rightful place along the ranks of the truly peaceful and free people of the world.