More than three quarters of state capitals are no longer warming

As climate alarmists and realists both wait for the release of the complete 2014 regional and national temperature dataset by NOAA's National Climatic Data Center, the full year of 2014 city data is available from NOAA's National Weather Service.

It has been a cool year for the first 11 months of 2014.  So cool, in fact, that there is now no sign of a significant trend in the contiguous United States temperature for the January-November period over the last three decades.  In short: the USA is no longer warming over this timeframe.

The majority of the individual state capitals are also not warming.  Here are the trends – or lack thereof – in average annual temperatures from 1985 to 2014 for the 50 capitals.

Only 12 of the 50 capitals (24 percent) have significant warming trends during the last three decades.  The remaining 76 percent do not.

As climate alarmists and realists both wait for the release of the complete 2014 regional and national temperature dataset by NOAA's National Climatic Data Center, the full year of 2014 city data is available from NOAA's National Weather Service.

It has been a cool year for the first 11 months of 2014.  So cool, in fact, that there is now no sign of a significant trend in the contiguous United States temperature for the January-November period over the last three decades.  In short: the USA is no longer warming over this timeframe.

The majority of the individual state capitals are also not warming.  Here are the trends – or lack thereof – in average annual temperatures from 1985 to 2014 for the 50 capitals.

Only 12 of the 50 capitals (24 percent) have significant warming trends during the last three decades.  The remaining 76 percent do not.