« The Federal Reserve Gets an Assist on the Blaming of Republicans |
| Huckabee's 'Bully' Pulpit »
Several years ago, commonsense Americans challenged their representatives in Congress, objecting to healthcare reform proposed by the president. Their objections were straightforward, expressed by a substantial majority, a majority that continues to this day:
● Nationalizing healthcare gives too much power to the central government: it's un-American
● We are already broke and cannot afford this in the first place: it will bankrupt the country
● The federal government has bankrupted Medicare and Social Security and it will bankrupt this as well
● The proposal is far too complicated
● More useful reforms are available: interstate competition, expanding private options, tamping down frivolous lawsuits, other cost-control measures, certain expansions of the Medicare program to cover pre-existing conditions
● We don't want a bureaucrat limiting what our doctor can order either in terms of testing to diagnose, or in terms of treatment options
● Federal intervention will increase costs, limit access, damage quality of care and essentially destroy the best system in the world
So-called representatives ignored the people. Conspiring with the criminal class in D.C., they helped this president railroad the bill, using every corrupt trick in the book. Insiders got favors, special conditions, and exemptions. Politicians were bought off. The corruption even extended to the Supreme Court, which eventually ruled government has a right to force citizens to buy things they don't want, don't need, and can't use. In most circles all this is referred to as tyranny.
The $900 billion cost estimate over the first 10 years became $2 Trillion, then $3 Trillion.
Broken promises stacked up: you can keep your insurance, you can keep your doctor, nothing will change, costs will go down, access will improve -- we're from the government and we're here to help you.
Then cracks in the smiley face appeared. More than 1,000 waivers. Special interests favored. Delays. Unlawful changes after the bill was passed and signed into law: the king simply waving his scepter, commanding compliance, violating the Constitution.
What commonsense Americans pointed out years ago turned out to be prophetic. The fulfillment even caused labor unions to howl. They claimed their members would be devastated. Employers rebelled. Full-time workers became part-timers as employers cut back to avoid going belly up. Unemployment was aggravated, and a staggering economy began falling into the ditch again. At least unemployed youth, about 6 million, were allowed to stay on parents' health plans.
Then came the rollout.
In ObamaSpeak, 'epic failure' really means 'a few glitches.' The Uncle Same Whiz Bang Insurance Sales website, three years in the making, total failure. It requires millions of lines of code be rewritten with enormous cost overruns. And more truth is being revealed:
● Federal legislators, their staffers, and everyone in the executive branch: exempt.
● 45 states report insurance premiums are increasing substantially across the board
● Navigators, not screened, many recycled ACORN types, have full access to your personal information
● Reasonable fear therefore that identity theft will be rampant
● Signing up for insurance is a nightmare: online, on the phone, or in person (hello ACORN!)
● 15,000 IRS agents are poised to enforce this monster (Why do they need guns?)
● Home healthcare inspectors will visit to make sure you are in compliance (Is this why Obama wants our guns?)
● Taxpayers forced to pay for abortion against their will, in complete violation of the 1st Amendment
● Most everyone in the healthcare industry calls this a disaster: doctors are retiring early, enrollments in medical schools are down
● Lawsuits galore: many states in full rebellion, the feds promising retaliation
Unlike the president today in the Rose Garden, some politicians have been honest.
Sen. Max Baucus who helped write and railroad the bill, calls it a 'train wreck." Many Democrat leaders including Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi, and Barney Frank have openly said the real goal is complete socialize medicine.
Republican Senator Orin Hatch agrees: ObamaCare was designed to fail so complete control can be instituted.
Senators Ted Cruz, Rand Paul, and Mike Lee simply heeded the voices of common sense Americans expressing majority sentiment for years. In other words, these senators are doing their jobs, representing their constituents, unlike the elitists who represent only themselves and the lobbyists.
You must finally conclude that ObamaCare is a total scam when even Oprah won't endorse it. Despite Obama's Newspeak, his tall tales, and maybe 40,000 pre-conditions covered, his signature legislation spells ObamaSnare, DOA.
Either the American people rise up and take their government back, or the government will reach down and choke the life out of this country.
FOLLOW US ON