Irony alert: Air Force sexual assault prevention unit chief charged with sexual battery

Rick Moran
Looks like they didn't pick the right man for the job:

From the Arlington County crime report:

SEXUAL BATTERY, 05/05/13, 500 block of S. 23rd Street. On May 5 at 12:35 am, a drunken male subject approached a female victim in a parking lot and grabbed her breasts and buttocks. The victim fought the suspect off as he attempted to touch her again and alerted police. Jeffrey Krusinski, 41, of Arlington, VA, was arrested and charged with sexual battery. He was held on a $5,000 unsecured bond. 

The Guardian details the Pentagon's response:

An officer who led the US air force's sexual assault prevention and response unit has been charged with groping a woman in a northern Virginia parking lot, authorities said on Monday.

Arlington county police said Lt Col Jeffrey Krusinski faces a misdemeanour charge of sexual battery following an alleged assault at about 12.30am on Sunday in the Crystal City area of the county.

A police report says the 41-year-old Krusinski was drunk and grabbed a woman's breast and buttocks. Police say the woman fought him off and called for help.

Air force spokeswoman Natasha Waggoner said Krusinski was removed from his post in the sexual assault unit after the air force learned of his arrest. He had started in the job in February.

Pentagon press secretary George Little said the US defence secretary, Chuck Hagel, had spoken with the air force secretary, Michael Donley, and "expressed outrage and disgust over the troubling allegations and emphasised that this matter will be dealt with swiftly and decisively".

The spokesman said Hagel had been trying to raise the Pentagon's focus on sexual assault prevention and response, and would soon announce new steps to address "this vile crime".

"Sexual assault has no place in the United States military," Little said. "The American people, including our service members, should expect a culture of absolutely no tolerance for this deplorable behaviour that violates not only the law, but basic principles of respect, honour and dignity in our society and its military. Secretary Hagel is firmly committed to upholding the highest standards of behaviour in America's armed forces and will take action to see this through."

There has been an epidemic of sexual assaults in the military in the last few years and female soldiers have been agitating for something to be done. It is estimated that less than 15% of all sexual assaults are reported because of the lack of prosecution and the stigma that attaches to females who do report it.

This offense took place outside of the military but the Pentagon obviously wants to send a signal that sexual assaults will not be tolerated. No woman should have to worry so much about men attacking them that it affects how they do their jobs. The Pentagon should address this serious problem - as they apparently plan to do.

Looks like they didn't pick the right man for the job:

From the Arlington County crime report:

SEXUAL BATTERY, 05/05/13, 500 block of S. 23rd Street. On May 5 at 12:35 am, a drunken male subject approached a female victim in a parking lot and grabbed her breasts and buttocks. The victim fought the suspect off as he attempted to touch her again and alerted police. Jeffrey Krusinski, 41, of Arlington, VA, was arrested and charged with sexual battery. He was held on a $5,000 unsecured bond. 

The Guardian details the Pentagon's response:

An officer who led the US air force's sexual assault prevention and response unit has been charged with groping a woman in a northern Virginia parking lot, authorities said on Monday.

Arlington county police said Lt Col Jeffrey Krusinski faces a misdemeanour charge of sexual battery following an alleged assault at about 12.30am on Sunday in the Crystal City area of the county.

A police report says the 41-year-old Krusinski was drunk and grabbed a woman's breast and buttocks. Police say the woman fought him off and called for help.

Air force spokeswoman Natasha Waggoner said Krusinski was removed from his post in the sexual assault unit after the air force learned of his arrest. He had started in the job in February.

Pentagon press secretary George Little said the US defence secretary, Chuck Hagel, had spoken with the air force secretary, Michael Donley, and "expressed outrage and disgust over the troubling allegations and emphasised that this matter will be dealt with swiftly and decisively".

The spokesman said Hagel had been trying to raise the Pentagon's focus on sexual assault prevention and response, and would soon announce new steps to address "this vile crime".

"Sexual assault has no place in the United States military," Little said. "The American people, including our service members, should expect a culture of absolutely no tolerance for this deplorable behaviour that violates not only the law, but basic principles of respect, honour and dignity in our society and its military. Secretary Hagel is firmly committed to upholding the highest standards of behaviour in America's armed forces and will take action to see this through."

There has been an epidemic of sexual assaults in the military in the last few years and female soldiers have been agitating for something to be done. It is estimated that less than 15% of all sexual assaults are reported because of the lack of prosecution and the stigma that attaches to females who do report it.

This offense took place outside of the military but the Pentagon obviously wants to send a signal that sexual assaults will not be tolerated. No woman should have to worry so much about men attacking them that it affects how they do their jobs. The Pentagon should address this serious problem - as they apparently plan to do.