Terror attack in San Jose?
A disturbing story of a failed poisoning at a local Starbucks leaves us with many unanswered questions. It will be instructive to watch the follow-up reporting (or lack thereof) by the hyper politically correct MSM of the San Francisco Bay Area. This article appears to be a simple rehash of the police arrest report.
From the sfgate.com:
A woman was arrested Monday for allegedly trying to sneak bottles of orange juice tainted with rubbing alcohol into a display case at a Starbucks coffee shop in San Jose, police said.
Ramineh Behbehanian, 50, walked into the coffee shop on the 6000 block of Snell Avenue about 3:45 p.m. and was seen by a customer removing two bottles of orange juice from a bag and then placing them on a shelf with other refrigerated items, police said.
As the customer notified employees about the suspicious behavior, the suspect fled, authorities said.
Employees examined the bottles and noticed a "toxic smell to them," police said.
San Jose firefighters who responded determined the bottles contained a mixture of orange juice and isopropyl alcohol, or rubbing alcohol, police said.
Officers tracked down the suspect at 8:30 p.m. at her home on Chambertin Drive in San Jose with the help of a Starbucks employee who had jotted down her license plate number.
Police said they believe Behbehanian acted alone but her motive was unclear.
No one drank the juice, authorities said.
I'm making a special trip to my local Starbucks this morning, as a show of support.
Will the MSM and Homeland Security treat this as an isolated incident, or a failed attempt to attack a major US corporation and spread terror concerning our food supply? Or will this become another "dolphin story", where the information breaks the surface of our collective consciousness for a few seconds and then disappears, never to be heard from again?
We shall see.
Update from Lee DeCovnik:
A local TV station has reported that one of the orange juice containers was laced with isopropyl alcohol, the other with acetone, or nail polish remover. Both can cause very serious health issues if ingested.