« Rebuild America Tour Team Confronts Protesters at Grand Blanc, MI Rally |
| A Moment of Arrogance »
October 18, 2012
Once Again, You Might Be a Progressive Ideologue If...
But if you're still wondering as to whether your friend, relative, or neighbor is in fact a progressive ideologue...well, here are a few more indicators that might help you reach a conclusion.
You might be a progressive ideologue if:
1. You find that common sense makes no sense at all.
2. You know that there is no such thing as unintended consequences from your actions or proposed solutions.
3. You are a master at projecting or "transferring" what could be your problem or attitude (but not really) on to others.
4. You find that people who don't agree with you are idiots or racists or mean-spirited...or mean-spirited racist idiots.
5. You do not include the word "grateful" in your vocabulary.
6. You consider your thinking based on emotion, and you express it through emotion -- even to the point of shameful antics. And you think that's perfectly okay.
7. You echo the accusation that those with opinions opposite yours obviously originated said opinion from some "echo chamber."
8. You bluster about your personal trials and tribulations as a tactic to get others to think you truly emphasize with their plights.
9. You blame others if it appears (and obviously only appears) that you may have made a mistake.
10. You are certain that you never ever operate from an ideological position.
Meteorologist Anthony J. Sadar is the author of In Global Warming We Trust: A Heretics Guide to Climate Science (www.inglobalwarmingwetrust.com).
FOLLOW US ON