On July 27, 2012, Barack Obama said he was "releasing an additional $70 million in military aid for Israel." This was in anticipation of Republican rival Mitt Romney's trip to Israel the following day. Last week, Congress passed S. 2165 which maintains that the "United States Government should take the following actions to assist in the defense of Israel." Some of these include "joint military exercises," "air refueling tankers, missile defense capabilities, and specialized munitions," "prevent[ing] weapons smuggling into Gaza," and "work[ing] to encourage an expanded role for Israel with NATO."
Obama claims that the bill underscores the United States "unshakable commitment to Israel." Yet, according to Charles Krauthammer, Israel is:
the most egregious example of Obama's disregard for traditional allies. Obama came into office explicitly intent on creating 'daylight' between himself and Israel, believing that by tilting toward the Arabs, they would be more accommodating.
The opposite happened. When Obama insisted on a building freeze in Jerusalem that no U.S. government had ever demanded and no Israeli government would ever accept, the Palestinian Authority saw clear to become utterly recalcitrant.
So pardon me if I read this latest Obama action as the unshakable commitment to further dupe Jewish and other pro-Israel voters that Obama really has Israel's back and that is why Obama should be voted in for a second turn.
After all, let's view this evasive display on You Tube where White House spokesman Jay Carney did a most convoluted two-step concerning the capital of Israel.
In this 25 page report, Obama's animus toward Israel is reviewed. It includes
- Obama's ties to Rashid Khalidi and the Arab American Action Network
- Obama's ties to Ali Abunimah, former vice president of the Arab American Action Network
- Candidate Obama's reluctance to publicly refer to terrorism against Israel
- Obama's ties to the International Crisis Group, and their implications for Israel
- Obama's ties to J Street
- Obama appointment of Arif Alikhan a Department of Homeland Security official with ties to Islamic extremists
- Obama appointing a pro-Sharia adviser, Dalia Mogahed
- Obama lamenting that 'despite Israel's acceptance-in-principle of a Palestinian state, its readiness to negotiate, and its commitment to an unprecedented ten-month Jewish construction freeze in Judea and Samaria -- that Israel theretofore had made no 'bold gestures' for peace.'
- $400 Million in aid for Palestinians
- Implying that Jerusalem is not part of Israel when in 'May 2011 the Obama State Department issued a press release declaring that its No. 2 official, James Steinberg, would be visiting 'Israel, Jerusalem, and the West Bank' -- thereby implying that Jerusalem was not part of Israel.
- Obama calling for an Arab-Israeli land swap based on pre-1967 borders
- Obama Overriding Congress to Fund the Palestinian Authority
- Other points of concern regard excluding Israel from the Global Counterterrorism Forum earlier in June 2012.
- And most disturbing is Obama's recent 1.5 billion dollars to the Muslim Brotherhood.
As we move closer to this momentous election, just remember "fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me."
Don't be fooled.
Eileen can be reached at email@example.com
Watch related American Thinker Video selection.