I'd planned on joining Rob Miller in boycotting the Olympics in its entirety, but I'll be taping the Opening Ceremony just so I'll have a record of what happens when Bob Costas pauses for a moment of silence during the Games' opening ceremony to honor Israeli Olympians killed in a terror attack at the 1972 Games, in defiance of that (don't pardon the expression) cowardly worm, Count Jacques Rogge, the president of the IOC, who "...protested his inability to act earlier this year when the (he and Munich widow Ankie Spitzer) met to discuss her appeals, saying his hands were tied by admission of 46 Arab and Muslim members to the IOC."
The New York Post rightly calls him a "class act:":
Those calling for a moment of silence at next week's Olympics to commemorate the 40th anniversary of the 1972 Munich terrorist massacre of Israeli athlete-hostages have just picked up key support. First, NBC's lead Olympics anchor, Bob Costas, said he'll publicly call out the International Olympics Committee for refusing the request. And, Costas added, if the IOC fails to allow a moment of silence during next Friday's opening ceremonies, he'll hold one instead on NBC's telecast as the Israeli team enters the arena. "I intend to note that the IOC denied the request," he said. "Many people find that denial more than puzzling, but insensitive, [so] here's a minute of silence right now."
Continuing to "lead from behind," Preezy Obama's White House then, according to the Post: "...in the wake of Costas' announcement, ...joined in, saying, 'We absolutely support the campaign.'"
No class act that!