« Whither the youth vote in 2012? |
Blog Home Page
| You Will be Called a Racist if You Oppose Barack Obama »
December 2, 2011
The Hall of Shame
As Barney Frank slithers out the back door, following the likes of Anthony Weiner and so many others that one would lose count, we should pause to reflect on the many accomplishments that these representatives and their brethren have inflicted upon the masses.
Let's take a trip down memory lane where the hallowed halls of Congress have become the hall of shame. Let's recognize these individuals for their diligent work for the people.
First, they've...um, they did...oh wait, there's the time they....and then there was the...well, perhaps it would be easier to identify some of the things that they haven't found the time to do:
1. Pass a budget (for nearly three years)
2. Eliminate pork spending
3. Pass a balanced budget amendment
4. Cut our deficit spending even though they created an unconstitutional "Super Committee".
5. Rein in the President's czars, ideological department heads and his "command and control" center which makes Congress obsolete.
6. Exhibit the checks and balances that our founders implemented in government; to prevent the imposition of dictatorial rule.
7. Govern their own body to prohibit insider trading, profiteering and vote buying....and the list goes on and on, but in the interest of time we'll opt for brevity.
Barney, Anthony and the plethora of other Teflon-coated pols are not the problem. They are merely symptoms of a much larger issue call elitism. The people have allowed these clowns to become so self-aggrandized, so self centered that they truly don't think of themselves as mere mortals. In the minds of these bloated egotistical humps, they honestly believe that they are above the fray...that their excrement doesn't stink.
Like Gods peering down on mortals from high above, those in power will continue to create regulations that will never be foisted upon them. They will continue to tax the efforts of all producers-for only they are wise enough to be the guardians of the collective rewards. They will continue to grease the palms of bundlers, fund raisers and political allies in perpetuity-all because we won't stop them from doing so.
None of the items listed is a priority to Congress. Why? Because none of the listed items will garner votes, campaign contributions, or an inside track to an IPO. God forbid that a new turtle tunnel is needed, however, for that they can find the time.
Hold the phones! I did find one thing that they have accomplished: They have set a new record low for public approval. Thanks guys!
FOLLOW US ON