Lockerbie bomber appears on live Libyan TV

Rick Moran
He's been dying for two years, but is apparently in good enough health to appear live on Libyan TV so that Gaddafi can rub NATO's nose in it. The man convicted of killing 270 people in the Lockerbie bombing has been seen on Libyan television. Abdelbaset al-Megrahi was released from a Scottish prison almost two years ago on compassionate grounds, after serving nearly eight years of a 27-year sentence. [...] In footage seen by the BBC on Tuesday night, a television presenter introduced Megrahi at what appears to be a pro-government rally, and said his conviction was the result of a "conspiracy". He also said his release had been a victory against oppression. It was reported that during the apparently live broadcast, Megrahi was in a wheelchair. Megrahi returned to Libya after being freed in August 2009. He had been diagnosed with advanced prostate cancer and the Scottish Government released him on compassionate grounds after judging that he had about three months to live. He has rarely...(Read Full Post)

COMMENTS ON AMERICANTHINKER