Barbara Walters asked Sarah Palin, " On a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being the best, where do you rate Barack Obama?" Sarah gave Barack a "4".
As a big fan of Sarah Palin, I must admit I was disappointed with the number Governor Palin assigned President Obama. I certainly would have rated him much lower. So I asked myself, "Why would Sarah Palin rate Obama a 4?" I came up with the following:
- Sarah Palin was rating Barack Obama's looks on a scale of 1 to 10.
- Since he has been president less than a year, Sarah Palin needs a few numbers below "4" so that, over the course of time, she can lower his rating.
- Since Barack Obama is still relatively popular, Palin did not want to be too hard on him - yet.
- Sarah Palin was able to explain President Obama's shortcomings in the interview anyway, so why bother playing Barbara Walter's numbers game.
- Sarah Palin was rating President Obama's first ten months in office as a "4" out of "10" on the Richter scale.