Now that President Obama has decided to honor Mary Robinson, an Irish citizen, UN official, and foe of Israel, with the Presidential Medal of Freedom, who will be on that honors list next year? Some possibilities occurring to our editors:
- Norman Finkelstein, for teaching us how to get over the Holocaust
- Hugo Chavez, for land reform and promoting free trade (in narcotics)
- Bill Ayers for his work in peace advocacy
- Michael Moore for creating jobs in the fast food industry
- Pol Pot for helping to reduce Cambodia' s carbon footprint
We suspect readers will have their own guesses to share in the comments section.