CORE (Chicano Organizing & Research in Education) is pleased to announce its first annual "Que Llueva Café" scholarship. Applicants must be undocumented, Chicano/Latino, high school students entering college this fall. The postmark deadline is April 10, 2009.
While this is not going to benefit current “college” students, it may benefit high school students attending the college, and brothers, sisters and/or children of our current Cañada students so please spread the word.
· Must be of Chicano / Latino descent
· Must be an undocumented student
· Must be a graduating twelfth grade student who will enroll in an accredited college or university in the U.S. or Puerto Rico for the 2009-2010 academic year.
· Must demonstrate academic promise…whether by grade point average, college acceptance, personal or professional recommendations, or written essay, the candidate must demonstrate their academic potential.
· Student must demonstrate financial need.
· Two Letters of Recommendation
· Statement of Financial Need (One page limit)
· Written Response (1000 word limit)
· Official High School transcript
· Proof of acceptance and intent to enroll into institution of higher education (once scholarship is awarded)
All application materials must be postmarked by April 10, 2009 and mailed to:
Chicano Organizing and Research in Education (CORE)
Attn: Que Llueva Cafe
P. O. Box 160144
Sacramento, CA 95816