« Britain to America: 'What have you done?' |
Blog Home Page
| Joe Biden to Dems: Ignore the Voters »
February 8, 2009
Mighty Porkulus Oinks Along
If you were looking for big cuts in the porkulus bill, you were wasting your time. Almost all of the reductions were cosmetic.
CNN has listed some of the partial cuts this morning. The source was a “Democrat leadership aide." Read some of the “cuts” and weep:
• $3.5 billion for energy-efficient federal buildings (original bill $7 billion)
• $75 million from Smithsonian (original bill $150 million)
• $200 million from Environmental Protection Agency Superfund (original bill $800 million)
• $100 million from National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (original bill $427 million)
• $100 million from law enforcement wireless (original bill $200 million)
• $300 million from federal fleet of hybrid vehicles (original bill $600 million)
• $100 million from FBI construction (original bill $400 million)
Frankly, even calling these cuts “cosmetic” is an insult to beauticians, Mary Kay reps, and Avon. These aren’t cuts; these are microscopic incisions.
The bill remains the biggest taxpayer rip off, and the most extravagant political spending spree/payback, in U.S. (make that world) history.
There is a PDF of the specific breakdown of the legislation on the Senate Conservatives Fund website.
Caution: do not read the PDF after a good meal. You might lose your lunch.