Noel Sheppard, of Newsbusters and American Thinker, reviews the story the mainstream media will not tell: Al Gore's highly questionable financial ties which enable him to personally profit from the Global Warming Scare. As Noel notes, the left loves to charge that Bush and Cheney started the Iraq War to profit personally. Yet Al Gore appears to be profiting form the scare story he is peddling. The War on Global Warming appears to be a very profitable businesses for Gore, whose personal lifestyle appears "carbon footprint" profligate beyond the dreams of any Chevy Suburban-driving soccer mom or gun-toting hunter.
Building on the outstanding work of Dan Riehl and others, Noel sums up the scam:
...a flimflam of epic proportions:
- First, Gore sets up a company that will invest in other companies that will benefit from global warming alarmism
- Second, Gore gets some Hollywood types to fund and produce a movie designed to scare the c-c-carbon out of the population
- Third, Gore travels the world promoting this movie, while pushing the view that a cataclysm is imminent if the world doesn't immediately act
- Fourth, an adoring media falls for the con hook, line, and sinker. Rather than debunking the flaws in the theories, the media promote every word of it while advancing the concept that Gore's views represent those of an overwhelming majority of scientists
- Fifth, scared governments and citizens across the globe invest in alternative energy programs driving up the shares of companies Gore's group has already invested in
- Sixth, Gore and his cronies make billions as they laugh all the way to the bank at the stupidity of their fellow citizens
Update: Clarice Feldman writes:
Iowahawk, smelling a hot business opportunity, claims to have set up his own energy offset company:The Iowahawk Eco Pals Network
. He's also offering bumperstickers. My favorite is "Gaia Is My Co-Pilot Powered by Recycled Sanctimony".