The Ironic War on Women
Isn't it rather ironic that President Barack Hussein Obama and the Democrats say that Republicans are waging a war on women, while at the same time he, his administration, and Democrats embrace/support Islamic law, or sharia?
Just in time for his re-election effort, Obama has hit upon a re-election strategy by accusing Republicans of waging a "war on women" via attempts to cut off taxpayer funding of Planned Parenthood, among other things. Obama and his administration accused Republicans of hating women for not wanting to see the Catholic Church hand out free birth control that is contrary to Church doctrine. How ironic, considering Obama's view of Islam.
Democrat efforts to frame recent Republican policies as part of a larger "war on women" took another step forward Sunday, April 8, 2012, on CNN's State of the Union. Democrat National Committee Chairwoman Debbie Wasserman-Schultz portrayed Republicans as "turning back the clock for women."
Wasserman-Schultz said to State of the Union host Candy Crowley, "You have Republicans that have engaged themselves for the entire Congress on trying to redefine rape as only being forceful rape, defunding Planned Parenthood and family planning programs."
Now let's turn our attention to what Obama and Democrats are doing at the same time that the above is going on.
No president in American history has admired Islam more than Obama, nor has he missed an opportunity to speak well of the religion. He has made it clear from the time he first took office that he would pursue a policy of pandering to the Islamic community. So, with Obama's actions in mind, let's see what the Qur'an, the basis for Islamic law, or sharia, says:
- Men are superior to women. Qur'an 4:34: Men are the maintainers of women, with what Allah has made some of them to excel others and with what they spend out of their wealth. So the good women are obedient, guarding the unseen as Allah has guarded.
- Men are to admonish (scourge) women. Qur'an 4:34: And (as to) those on whose part you fear desertion, admonish them, and leave them alone in the beds and chastise them. So if they obey you, seek not a way against them.
- Men can have sexual relations with wives and concubines. Qur'an 23:5-6: And who restrain their sexual passions - Except in the presence of their mates or those whom their right hands possess, for such surely are not blameable.
- Women are of inferior intelligence. Qur'an 2:282: And call to witness from among your men two witnesses; but if there are not two men, then one man and two women from among those whom you choose to be witnesses, so that if one of the two errs, the one may remind the other.
- Women have a dress code. Qur'an 7:26: O children of Adam, We have indeed sent down to you clothing to cover your shame, and (clothing) for beauty; and clothing that guards against evil - that is the best. This is of the messages of Allah that they may be mindful. Qur'an 33:59: O Prophet, tell thy wives and thy daughters and the women of believers to let down upon them their over-garments. This is more proper, so that they may be known, and not be given trouble.
- In Islam, there is no prohibition in the use of contraception; however, the Qur'an is quite clear regarding birth control involving surgery. Qur'an 30:30: There is no altering Allah's creation. Qur'an 40:64: ... and He formed you, then made goodly your forms[.]
See also "Islamic Laws for Women" for more information.
Obama embraces the Muslim Brotherhood (MB), the terrorist group that has as its governing platform the imposition of sharia law, which would send Egyptian women into lives of degradation and oppression. The MB looks to capture the Egyptian Parliament and, after pledging not to, is now running a candidate for president of Egypt. This appears to be fine with Obama, as he has released $1.5 billion in foreign aid to Egypt, whose "war on women" is very real and will have lasting consequences.
Egyptian clerics said Khairat el-Shater, the MB candidate for president, pledged to them that he would introduce sharia if he is elected in May. The imposition of sharia in Egypt will make women in that country no better than chattel, discriminated against by both law and religious custom.
In November 2011, Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton declared that the Obama administration would work with ascendant Islamist parties of the Muslim world. While she reached out to the religious-rooted parties expected to gain power in Egypt, Clinton said nothing about changing U.S. policies toward Hezb'allah and Hamas.
After decades of partnering with dictators throughout the region, Clinton's message was that the U.S. would approach the new political landscape with an open mind and the understanding that long-term support for democracy trumps any short-term advantages through alliances with authoritarian regimes.
While Obama and Democrats are doing these things, they are supporting a terrorist group that has as its governing platform the imposition of sharia, which would send Egyptian women into lives of "having the clock turned back." Is this the view of society that Obama has for women if re-elected? All we have to go on are his actions since his election in 2008.
So who is really waging war on women?
One thing that makes the "war on women" argument even more difficult for Obama is that he and Democrats demand to be judged on their intentions regardless of the actual outcomes caused by their policies. Where is the MSM regarding the "war on women" and Obama's and Democrats' actions? Oh, yeah, I forgot (not really). The MSM is just a tool of Obama and Democrats.
Dr. Beatty earned a Ph.D. in quantitative management and statistics from Florida State University. He was a (very conservative) professor of quantitative management specializing in using statistics to assist/support decision-making. He has been a consultant to many small businesses and is now retired. Dr. Beatty is a veteran who served in the U.S. Army for 22 years. He blogs at rwno.limewebs.com.