December 12, 2009
The Obama Four-Year Plan to Remake AmericaBy Miguel A. Guanipa
There are very good reasons why the United States of America is still worthy of being referred to as the greatest country in the world. This nation's very existence is a tribute to the unflagging spirit of innovation, courage, and self-determination. But most importantly, America provides a real-time model for what the concept of freedom is supposed to look like, and other countries often seek to emulate it. This is not the myopic and pretentious declaration of a naïve urbanite -- it is a demonstrable truth. Try living overseas for a little while, and you will see what I mean.
The spirit of freedom which built our country is presently in jeopardy. It is being stealthily undermined by the peculiar form of government which the Obama administration is determined to institutionalize: a government with a lust for control that is more expansive in scope than many seem to realize, and one which tries to arrogate -- contrary to the principles of the Founding Fathers -- far more power than it was originally intended to wield.
Among the primary objectives the Obama administration has set out to accomplish are a complete restructuring of our economy in accordance with the president's socialist construct; the establishment of a federally run health care system; the reshaping of our military prowess into an obsolete commodity; a gradual consolidation under the Executive Branch of authority commonly delegated to the Judicial and the Legislative Branches; and finally, the legal prohibition of aired dissent from any assembly or media outlet which happens to disagree with the president or seeks to divulge the potentially deleterious effects of his policies.
A key element of this strategy is to create a narrative which questions the plausibility of a majority-elected government in a free society like ours. This pernicious narrative entertains and eventually actualizes such anarchical thinking, all the while portraying the Obama administration as uninvolved in any clandestine operations, as has been unfairly alleged by some convenient bugaboo. Any evidences to the contrary are merely the unintended consequences of nobler initiatives that have been skewed by the media, most likely as part of a smear conspiracy from Obama's right-wing detractors.
But since the Obama administration has shown that it does indeed entertain such aspirations -- and that it plans to make good on them -- let us briefly examine every one of these rather ambitious objectives in terms of their respective strategies, if for no other reason than to offer some kind of preparatory grounds for resistance.
1. The complete restructuring of our economy in accordance with Obama's socialist construct. What was heretofore recognized as one of the most robust leading economies in the world has been pillaged by this administration's pork-laden spending initiatives, which boast of yielding only imaginary booms in nonexistent districts. This novel approach to spurring economic growth has not only infected an already-swollen national debt, but it has also internationally devalued our own currency and inspired the wholesale federalization of major, privately run financial institutions.
Moreover, a growing reluctance among these new, federally owned entities to assist private entrepreneurial ventures, compounded by a sustained increase in unemployment, has resulted in a prevailing mood of despondency and a loss of faith in our financial strength. This has forced consumers back into the vicious cycle of reliance on a government that is more than willing to conditionally rescue them from their predicament, relieving them of any fiscal accountability and further eroding their personal liberties.
2. The establishment of a federally run health care system. The current administration insists on highlighting this country's presumed moral obligation to support the contentious public option contained in the president's health care bill. The administration believes that optimum health is the inalienable right of every person (excepting the unborn). What they do not admit to is that this option will be subsidized in large measure by taxing private businesses and other insurance providers, who will then defray these rising costs by charging consumers higher premiums and deductions. Of course, the latter will have no recourse but to "choose" this public option rather than be penalized by a government more than equal to the task of spawning notoriously inefficient bureaucracies, whose idea of fairness is to tax the competition out of existence.
3. The reshaping of our military prowess into an obsolete commodity. President Obama continues to posture himself against the informed judgment of seasoned military personnel on the ground. He gratuitously procrastinates when called upon to provide the reinforcements needed to bring a resolution to the two major conflicts we are presently engaged in, and his progressive impulses compel him to view the military culture as one that should epitomize the cardinal liberal virtues of "diversity" and "tolerance." Yet as injurious as the effect of his constant dithering is on the morale of our armed forces, Obama goes one step further toward rendering our military optional by taking the unprecedented initiative of bowing down before foreign despots. Obama sports the profoundly naïve expectation that such gestures will eventually incur these leaders' favor and prevent future aggression. Sadly, the gestures have only helped to create an image of America as a weak, decadent, and self-effacing nation en route to becoming the next fallen empire.
4. A gradual consolidation under the Executive Branch of authority commonly delegated to the Judicial and the Legislative Branches. The Obama administration envisions a Congress and Supreme Court teeming with liberal activists, and significant strides toward this aim were made by ACORN during the presidential election. This dubious coalition, whose presumed reason for existence was simply to coach people from all walks of life to exercise their right to vote, is now officially recognized by most Democrats as a nonpartisan, legitimate civic organization. Presently, ACORN have fixed their gaze upon Congress, and they are poised to resume their nefarious practices under the congenial auspices of our commander in chief, whom they successfully helped to elect.
Once this cartel of community organizers -- renowned for their remarkable proficiency at orchestrating fraudulent elections around the country -- has met Obama's quota of congressional seats and helped stack both chambers to the rim with statesmen who are more responsive to his ideological bent, Obama will face virtually no resistance to his radical Supreme Court appointees. This is especially good news for President Obama, who is keenly aware that most members of the Supreme Court are well past their autumn years.
As newly minted members of Congress and the Court uniformly behave in accordance with their core liberal values, their decisions will almost invariably steer towards Obama's monolithic blueprint. These public servants will maintain a false sense of autonomy, remaining captive to the illusion that they are unencumbered by any ideological bias and oblivious to the fact that a greater weakening of their authority has gradually become the norm.
5. The legal prohibition of aired dissent. If anything has turned out to be most easy pickings for Obama, it is the mainstream media. As things presently stand, Obama's administration boasts of unquestioned allegiance from this highly compromised pillar of society. And while their collective, near-unanimous acquiescence persists (examples include selectively ignoring and suppressing information that citizens need to make better informed choices), it will become much easier for Obama to accomplish the above-mentioned objectives, and that much harder for the opposition to forestall the subtle encroachments of authoritarianism, whose chief envoy came bearing the good tidings of "hope and change."
But President Obama wants more than to remain a favorite of the media. He intends to silence the few remaining bastions of free information that countenance any significant opposition to his ideology, if not by excluding them from key press conferences, then by effectively sending his minions to publicly demonize them. Additionally, Obama also plans to silence traditional religious institutions by reviving policies which will force the them to get in lockstep with the prevailing liberal doctrine, even if it means violating their doctrinal mandates concerning such matters as the preservation of marriage, the fundamental dignity of every human being, and the morally corrosive influence of today's alternative views on sexuality.
How then do we stop this well-orchestrated assault on our freedoms?
Freedom means action, and it comes with great responsibility. Once we surrender our responsibility to preserve freedom and are given over to complacency, our precious liberties naturally begin to erode.
So first we must sound the alarm and do our best to warn the uninformed of the imminent peril our freedoms face. We must also resist by coming out in force to the voting booth. And finally, we must pray ardently. For if these objectives are allowed to see fruition, it will not matter who is chosen next time. New administrations seldom take pains to rescind or diminish their fresh claims to power once their predecessors have cast a wide net of dominance over that which they have been asked to preside.
If we avoid this great responsibility, we should not be surprised when we awaken one day to find that not only we, but also our children have little choice but to endure the terrible consequences of our apathy.